gujarati kavita and quotes

gujarati poems, gujarati quotes,green plastic, environment, biodegradable plastic, biopolymers, compost, plastic degradation, green polymer, ASTM methods

Saturday, March 2, 2019

English play on"Say YES to Plastic"

Two friends are meeting after long time since they have left the college.
Friend 1: Hai! How are you?
Friend 2: I am fine, and you?
Friend 1: What are you doing nowadays?
Friend 2: I am working with NGO.
Friend 1: Good what does it do?
Friend 2: We campaign against the use of plastic.
Friend 1: Well why?
Friend 2: Because it abuses the environment.
Friend 1: Oh! Really, how?
Friend 2: See this plastic bags they litter everywhere.
Friend 1: So?
Friend 2: The cows eat them and get diseased; also it blocks the drainage system.
Friend 1: Why?
Friend 2: Because plastic don’t degrade.
Friend 1: Right we should not use plastic at all. From today itself I shall say “NO” to plastic. And also tell other friends too. May I have your mobile please?
Friend 2: Oh! sure
Friend 1: Ah it is plastic let me throw it.
Friend 2: Hey what are you doing?
Friend 1: Why didn’t you say “NO” to plastic.
Friend 2: No, no without mobile I can’t contact any body and I will have to go everywhere personally and that costs too much of fuel. After all we have to take care of natural resources.
Friend 1: Really show me your purse/bag.
Friend 2: Why?
Friend 1: If it is made of leather then our wild life will be at threat. They are also our resource.
Friend 2: No, no my bag is of synthetic leather. So don’t worry.
Friend 1: Really, and do you know which material is used to make synthetic leather.
Friend 2: Which?
Friend 1: Plastic
Friend 2: Then?
Friend 1: Throw it away because say “NO” to plastic.
Friend 2: Sorry, sorry don’t throw my bag I beg of you.
Friend 1: Ok, ok but tell me what is there in this packet
Friend 2: My office files and some important documents.
Friend 1: Why you have wrapped in plastic bag, they litter everywhere and abuse the environment.
Friend 2: But it is rainy day and docs are important.
Friend 1: So what? You can use the paper or jute bag or even the cloth bag to save the environment. (Tries to remove plastic bag)
Friend 2: (Snatching the bag) But my docs will be spoiled with water.
Friend 1: Do you use ink pen?
Friend 2: No ball pen.
Friend 1: Why?
Friend 2: Because ink pen spreads.
Friend 1: So what ball pen is made of plastic just say “NO” to plastic.
Friend 2: I’m very sorry.
Friend 1: Hmm…
Friend 1: Nice blazer.
Friend 2:  (proudly) wrinkle free.
Friend 1: Why?
Friend 2: Why not my company pays handsome salary to their deserving employees. So in turn we also remain in etiquette.
Friend 1: Looks at the blazer.
Friend 2: What? now don’t tell it is of plastic
Friend 1: Yes I really mean it. (Tries to pull the blazer)
Friend 2: Hey stop what are you doing?
Friend 1: Then pants, it is also of the same material.
Friend 2: Leave, leave me please, I will never say “NO” to plastic sorry, sorry…. Runs away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home